The La Croix Guard Station Boathouse was built in 1937 by crews from the Lake Jeanette Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp and was constructed in a round-log rustic style, located on U.S. Forest Service lands in the La Croix Ranger District. It is one of two surviving buildings from that original CCC project at the site. The boathouse and adjacent bunkhouse were determined eligible for the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.
The objective of the work on this project was to stabilize and maintain the existing integrity of the structure pursuant to the Secretary of the Interior Standards, the National Historic Preservation Act and the Superior National Forest Plan.
The scope of work as outlined by U.S. Forest Service, Superior National Forest included the following projects:
- Scrape and paint log exterior
- Caulk and seal log checks and openings
- Replace and re-glaze broken window panes
- Clean boathouse interior
- Install bear-proof shutters on adjacent guard cabin
- Tree hazard mitigation